During a busy work week, what’s easier than a casserole? We created this one pot meal for families who need a little comfort with their dose of good health on a weekday night. The wild and brown rice give this casserole a wonderful, nutty taste and texture, which pair wonderfully with the crisp of the water chestnuts and their cheesy rich topping. We enjoy this casserole with a simple butter lettuce salad dressed with a vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds of broccoli blanched. Once cooled cut into bite size pieces.
- 1/2 red pepper cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups cooked wild rice. Cook rice so it is slightly under cooked.
- 5 ounce can of water chestnuts, diced.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 8oz package grated cheese of your choice
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
Cook 6-8 chicken thighs and then cut into bite size pieces.
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9×13 pan.
Cook broccoli and red peppers together and set aside.
In large bowl, combine wild rice, water chestnuts, soup, mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, curry, and cheese.
Stir in the chicken, broccoli and red peppers.
Pour into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs.
Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until heated through, remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes and serve.